Clover Kiosk Support
You should keep it on overnight, shutting it on and off won’t hurt it but it may cause issues with batching, loading up and re-connecting once it’s turned back on:
- The Clover Flex will automatically restart overnight each night. Every morning it will require a user Passcode to be entered to wake it up and make the Clover Kiosk ready to accept orders.
- Your Passcode will usually be the same as your other Clover devices or if you haven’t changed the Passcode the default VMS passcode will be set to “1234”.
- If unresponsive:
- Check that your Clover Kiosk is connected to power
- Check that there is receipt paper loaded into the machine
- Check the connection to the Clover Flex, the device may have disconnected from Wi-Fi (refer to hardware guide for Wi-Fi optimization)
- Clover Kiosk may have unpaired from the Flex
- If you experience these issues on startup there is a section related to troubleshooting an unresponsive device (refer to page 16)
If this pops up on your Clover Kiosk it may be an issue with your device pairing or back-end:
To solve this:
- Break the pairing between the Clover Kiosk and the Clover Flex (refer to “Clearing a Pair” on page 17).
- If that doesn’t work, log into your Commandpoint dashboard and click “sync with Clover” this will be at the top left corner of the Commandpoint website.
If the display is dark and does not turn on:
- Check your power source.
- Confirm that the Clover Kiosk is plugged into the power source directly
- If you are using a surge protector, make sure that it is turned on
- Restart the Clover Kiosk by opening the printer tray and holding down the power button.
If you do not see the “Clear Pairing” option on the Clover Flex you will need to break the pairing on the Clover Kiosk and re-pair:
- On the Clover Kiosk tap the right side corner of the screen 3 times.
- A prompt will appear. Enter the password.
- The password is “nanoadmin".
- Once you see the screen Device name, you’ll see an option “break device pairing” on the Clover Flex.
- Select “break device pairing” and the device will start looking for the Clover Flex to pair with.
- On the bottom prompt tap “save”.
- The Clover Flex will display a code which should match the Clover Kiosk display.
- With the same code on both displays, select the code on the Clover Kiosk display and the devices will re-establish the connection to each other.
If your Clover Kiosk does not process / accept payments the solution can be:
- Make sure the Clover Kiosk is connected to Wi-Fi:
- This is most likely an issue with the Clover Flex.
- Check your Clover Flex to see if it displays “ready to order” but the payments are not going through.
- In this situation “breaking device pairing” may fix the processing issue.
- If it exits the ready to order screen, check to see if there is a red bar at the top of
- It will say “device tampered” or “device cannot take payments”.
- If that is the case your Clover Flex will have to be replaced.
- Contact VMS support.