“Do I need a credit card terminal, tablet POS or a full-blown POS System?”
That is a great question!
Businesses come in many different shapes and sizes; so does the payment processing equipment that they use. Getting set up with the right credit card terminal or POS solutions for your business can be a real pain in the neck, and because of that, we wanted to provide you with a “Buyer’s Guide to Smart Point of Sale Systems”.
The needs of a retail store vs. a restaurant vs. plumbing company are different. In fact, every business is unique in its needs and processes, and with today’s growing technology, a Smart POS system can be made to work for any business type. The first step in finding a POS system is identifying the specific needs and certain functionalities that you desire.
Here are some great questions to ask yourself:
- What type of business do you have?
- How do you manage your employees?
- Do you provide a service, sell products or both?
- How do you track your inventory?
- Do you need to conduct transactions in a mobile environment?
- How many transactions will you conduct daily?
- Will you need to process EMV, credit and/or debit cards?
- How many stations (lanes) will you need? Do you have a network to link them?
- Will you need to manage reservations or appointments?
- Do you need multiple stores to be linked together?
- Will you need to sync data with external applications (e.g. accounting software)?
- Do you have a smartphone?
- Will you use the Ethernet or WIFI to connect to the internet?
Knowing how you’ll be using it and what functions you need to manage your business will help you determine the best smart POS for your specific business.
Have any questions or want to speak to a live specialist? Feel free to give us a call at 888-902-6227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.