Your restaurant has processes for marketing, setting up the right ambiance and making sure you can handle the dinner rush. To make all the hard work of serving delicious food pay off, you will also want the right merchant services and a restaurant credit card processing in place.
The Best Restaurant Credit Card Processing for Your Business
Whether you have a rustic bistro, food truck, fancy restaurant or greasy spoon, you want your diners to be able to pay you easily — without you having to pay huge restaurant credit card processing fees. Velocity Merchant Services (VMS) can help.
VMS specializes in industry-specific payment processing solutions. For restaurants, we offer Point-of-Sale (POS) systems and solutions that:
- Let diners pay the way they want: With VMS, your restaurant can accept payment with debit cards, credit cards, cash, gift cards and more.
- Offer the flexibility of mobile payment: Whether you have a restaurant on wheels, want to create a trendy pop-up dining event or just want to let customers pay at their table, we have solutions to help you take payment where it’s convenient for you.
- Make payment easy: Our 24/7 support ensures you never have to worry about downtime with your systems, and our POS systems are designed to quickly process any crowd. Our systems can handle tips, rotating menus with different prices and anything else your business demands.
- Are customized to how you do business: A food truck catering to the lunch-hour crowd will have very different payment processing needs than an upscale foodie haven seeking restaurant credit card processors. With VMS, a personal Clover® specialist will guide you to the right systems. We get to know your business and goals so we can help you set up a system designed for your restaurant.
- Let you set up marketing campaigns: VMS can help you set up loyalty programs and reward programs to help you honor your most loyal or VIP customers.
- Help you run your restaurant: Clover® POS solutions work with kitchen-crucial apps that help your kitchen receive orders, arrange for takeout and delivery orders and more. From setting up Trivia Nights to letting your customers leave reviews, apps can work with your system to help your entire business run more smoothly. You can even set up order kiosks with Clover® and VMS, so your diners never have to wait.
Technology To Match All Restaurant Credit Card Processing Needs
Digital Point of Sale (POS)
This is mission critical and used by the majority of restaurants. Much more than just credit card processing, this allows patrons to review menu choices, allows staff to review sales, and more. Some POS actually let patrons order and pay all on their own.
With a digital POS, it’s a snap to keep track of who is eating at your restaurant on a regular basis and give them rewards and perks. No need for any extra cards to carry in their wallet--this is all recorded in the POS system.
What started with fast food chains has now moved to fine dining, with customers ordering direct from their table. Self ordering is great and studies show customers love it. Food arrives more quickly and accurately from the kitchen, plus diners can play games on the system while they wait.
Restaurant POS System
Advantages of Having a Restaurant POS System
Our POS system equipment puts the power of modern point-of-sale system payment technology in your hands. When you buy one of our POS systems, you can enjoy these benefits and more.
How VMS Can Find the Right POS System Solution for You
Your personal Clover® specialist from VMS will guide you through the POS system ordering process. Once we learn about your restaurant’s business goals, we can recommend a system that fits your needs. To learn more about smart Point-of-Sale systems, download our free guide.
Modern Security for you and your customers
A cutting-edge POS system features secure EMV chip technology. You and your customers can rest easy knowing you have the safest payment technology available. Thanks to tokenization technology and strict PCI security standards, you have a lower chance of fraudulent transactions.
Option to Swipe, Dip or Tap a Payment Card
We have POS payment systems that can handle whatever method your customers need. Accept most payment methods used today, including debit cards, credit cards, EBT and gift cards. With so many choices available to your customers, you can enjoy more business than ever before.
Ready for Today's Mobile and NFC Payments
Join the cutting edge of payment acceptance. Select POS systems take mobile and NFC (contactless) methods. With more people using mobile devices to pay, you can keep up with the competition.
Restaurant Online Ordering Made Easy
Looking for a POS system that offers capabilities unique to the restaurant industry? The Clover® Smart Online Orders app gives your customers the freedom to order directly from your website — not through a third party that charges transaction fees.
Easily integrate and sync your menu and prices from Clover® to your website. Online orders are sent to your POS, and your kitchen printer immediately prints the ticket. You’ll also be notified of the new order via text and email.
With Smart Online Order, you get:
- Unlimited online orders
- Easy set-up
- Compatibility with any website
- Hundreds of features
- Free updates and support
- Opportunity to increase sales
Smart Discounts for Your Restaurant
Experience surges at your restaurant on the weekend? Wish you could bring in more customers during the week?
With the Smart Discounts app, you can create and manage daily specials or discounts for certain times. Clover® will automatically apply the discounts during that timeframe. Create as many specials as you need to bring in new business.
Get Smart Discounts for your POS system, and you’ll enjoy these capabilities:
- Easy to use interface
- No discount codes needed
- Synchronize across Clover® devices in real time
- Easily create, enable and disable discounts
- Add a variety of discounts (single use, unlimited use, quantity discounts, combo pricing and more)
Food Truck Payment Processing
In the foodservice industry, proper payment processing is essential for a successful business. That’s why a food truck POS system is so important. At Velocity Merchant Services, we offer Clover systems to help you keep your food truck business running as smoothly as possible.
What Is Clover?
Clover is a POS system that makes payment processing simple and easy. The system accepts all credit cards and debit cards, as well as other payment options such as Apple Pay and EBT. To read cards, Clover uses EMV chip technology, which is the latest and most secure technology available, so you and your customers can trust that transactions will be secure.
The Clover system is easily accessible from anywhere at any time. All data is uploaded to the cloud, and devices can be connected so that all your business information is readily available. The Clover Dashboard also provides updates of sales and business data so you can see what’s going on with your business in real-time.
You can also customize Clover systems to fit your exact business needs. There are many apps to choose from in the Clover App Market to provide this customization, from payroll apps to appointment apps and more.
Clover offers four different devices:
- Clover Station: The fastest and largest option with a 14″ display screen that can be easily rotated for quick access.
- Clover Mini: Sleek and small for easy transport and use, but with powerful processing power.
- Clover Go: Small and compact card reader that is paired with an app to accept payments, search transactions and more.
- Clover Flex: Compact, hand-held card terminal that can do everything from payment transactions to sales reporting.
Why Use Clover for Your Food Truck?
When it comes to food truck POS systems and food truck credit card processing, Clover systems have many features that can benefit your food truck business:
- Running a food truck can be a hectic job, and Clover systems will help you stay organized and keep track of your sales, staff, inventory and more.
- Space in food trucks is tight, so our Flex, Go and even Mini devices are great options that won’t take up precious space.
- With tip functionality, customers can easily type in their custom tip amount or select from a pre-loaded tip percentage to be added on.
- Mobile options allow you to take orders from outside of your truck, and with connected devices and access to the cloud, you can manage your food truck from any location.
Clover also integrates with the Food on a Truck app, which includes features designed specifically to benefit food truck businesses. When you choose Clover for your mobile business, your POS system will have the flexibility you need to succeed. The Food on a Truck app incorporates helpful features like:
- Location management: When you operate a food truck, you’re always on the go. Manage your location easier right from your food truck POS system.
- Schedule management: Make sure loyal customers always know where to find you. With integrated schedule management, Clover updates your website for you. Just enter your location and schedule in the easy-to-use app.
- Twitter automation: When you connect your twitter account, Clover sends automatic tweets to your followers to draw more customers and save you time.
- Sales dashboard: The Clover sales dashboard tracks sales by day, hour and location, so you can see which spots and times generate the most business.
- Customer survey: See how you can improve and earn more repeat customers. Clover adds a customer survey to all your print and digital receipts.
Clover’s versatile system and device options offer the food truck POS software that will help your business grow.
Why Velocity Merchant Services?
VMS is your one-stop solution for secure, customized and fully supported restaurant credit card processing solutions. We help you choose the right ones for your restaurant, and we offer 24/7 support so you can always get help or get answers.
VMS also offers a free website for your restaurant and can help you set up loyalty programs. We are your partner in cost-effective payment process and business solutions. Just getting started? VMS has a working capital solution that allows you to apply for small business loans.
To learn more about our payment processing solutions, contact us today. You can also start taking the first steps to set up your customized system.