Salon POS Systems
and Credit Card Processing
A day at the salon should be relaxing, exciting and luxurious.
There are few things more bothersome than having to spend extra time trying to pay for goods or services. Unfortunately, too many salons still take an archaic approach to accepting payment, scheduling appointments and appointment reminders. Such that it can cause delays and other problems, souring the entire experience for the client. Salon POS systems are critically important to make extending and accepting payment as easy and as efficient as possible.
These days, salon POS systems - which stands for "Point-of-Sale" - are much more advanced than they were even a handful of years ago. You owe it to yourself and your salon clients to offer as much flexibility and security as possible when they extend their payments to you at the end of their appointments. With VMS, you can use our salon POS systems not only to get paid, but also to help fuel your word-of-mouth marketing, and we all know that word-of-mouth is the most powerful and persuasive marketing that exists. Give yourself this capability today.
Software Designed Specifically
for Salons and Spas
Whether you are running a hair salon, nail salon, tanning salon or another type of beauty salon, a reliable appointment scheduling program is imperative. With Clover you can automate upcoming appointment reminders and give customers the opportunity to reserve an appointment via online booking.
Depending on how you run your salon, you may need to track things like sales, shifts and other KPIs. Therefore, salon POS systems need to be able to integrate with other functionality that handles this data so that no one wastes time with administrative steps every month.
Customer Relationship Management, or CRM, is a critical component of any successful salon. That’s why salon POS systems should be able to seamlessly review past payments to identify any potential loyalty points as well as ask for feedback in a way that’s convenient for the client.
Every salon owner understands the value of selling products with the high margins in the items they sell. Clover's salon software organizes and tracks products as they are sold. A barcode scanner and receipt printer can be packaged with the Clover salon POS of your choice.
The Best Salon POS Systems
for Your Business
Clover is one of the leading salon POS systems for many reasons.
Clover Station 2.0 Point of Sale System
- This all-in-one POS solution includes everything you need to streamline your business. Enhanced features like the following fully help you get the job done:
- More counter room thanks to a space-saving design: The 14-inch, HD display and screen swivel feature keep customer engagement clean and simple.
- Faster apps and business: Let the 8-core, state-of-the-art Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processor and 4GB memory handle the toughest tasks.
- Modern payment technology: Accept mag stripe cards, EMV chips, contactless payments and more.
- A versatile app market: Use Clover's robust apps to give your business endless possibilities.
Clover Pro Point of Sale System
- The all encompassing POS is your central hub with a screen for you and another for your customer.
- Customer Facing Screen: Clover Station Pro comes equipped with a customer facing smart terminal for contactless payments and social distancing.
- Fast: The Clover Station Pro was built with speed as a priority. Fly through orders, inventory, staff management, and reporting.
- Simple Setup: Plug-and-play, out of the box the Clover Station Pro is ready to tackle the most demanding business needs.
Clover Flex Point of Sale System
- Do business wherever you need with Clover® Flex. Manage your point-of-sale payments in line, in the aisle or at the table. Clover® Flex features include:
- NFC (contactless) and mobile payments enabled: Enter the modern age of payment technology.
- EMV ready with PIN pad: Take secure card payments wherever you bring Clover® Flex.
- Smart equipment with app market: Tailor Clover® Flex to you and your customers' needs with powerful apps.
Clover Mini Point of Sale System
- The compact Clover® Mini offers flexibility and power by accepting just about any payment out there. Take advantage of a space-saving design in addition to these features:
- EMV, NFC and mobile payment compatible: Accept the latest methods for point-of-sale payments.
- Smart device with app availability. Add the apps you need to get the most out of Clover® Mini.
How VMS Can Help
Salon POS systems need to be able to handle a lot of things, and they need to be able to do so safely, quickly and dependably. If you’re ready for an all-in-one resource to help you achieve all of these goals with one approach, then all you need to do is contact VMS to speak with a Clover® specialist. He or she will listen to the details of your salon, how it’s run, what goals you have and how you’d like to accept payment and complete other management functions.
From there, we’ll tailor a solution that perfectly fits your needs. What’s more, is that as you grow and encounter new and different needs, we’ll be right there with you to evaluate your POS system and recommend steps and strategies to meet your growing demands. Contact us today to learn more about how you can get started.
Additional Tools to Help
Your Salon/Spa Grow & Thrive
While every salon is unique in many respects, running a salon business is something that also leads to quite a few commonalities almost regardless of your salon's theme, target demographic, location, etc. As such, all salon POS systems need to provide some fundamental capabilities in order to be worthwhile investments to salon owners. Below are five examples of what every owner should expect from salon POS systems:
Even the best salon would see its reputation suffer if any serious security problems ever arise with regards to payments, credit card numbers on file and the like. Every salon – and business – owner needs security with a POS system.
Generally speaking, people are loyal to their salons, which means they’re going to keep coming back in the future. If you decide to reward this loyalty with some sort of member program, The Clover salon pos system.
The salon industry is one that’s inherently tied to tips and gratuities. That’s why all salon POS systems should be able to allow payors to seamlessly include a gratuity amount of their choosing, whether it’s paid on a percentage or real-dollar basis.
Is there anything more stressful for a salon owner or any small business owner for that matter – and a client or customer than having to wait for a system to reboot so that payments can be accepted? It harms the entire experience. VMS offers support on a 24/7 basis so you can get help immediately if you need it.
Mode of Payment
People like to pay for goods and services in different ways. Some prefer credit cards because they’re trying to accrue points and/or protect themselves. Others prefer debit cards because they don’t want to manage extra bills at the end of the month. Still others, if you engage in this type of marketing campaign, may want to pay with gift cards. Your salon POS system needs to be able to accommodate all of these, and VMS does just that and more for you.
Check out our client
I own a salon with contract stylists. We needed a solution where they could all accept payment into their own accounts and the salon had a central system for scheduling and product sales. The staff at VMS were so helpful and informative. They were able to set us up with the equipment to meet our needs and we are extremely happy with the setup. Thank you VMS for making our jobs a little bit easier!
Harry helped me out with my Clover system. He was very helpful and answered all my questions and clarified any concerns. I have already recommended him to other entrepreneurs!
G&G Hair Affair
Frequently asked questions
Salon Scheduler was designed for salons with a scheduling app to meet the needs of salons.
You can set Salon Scheduler to offer online appointment booking service to your customers. To do this the employee setting - available online needs to be switched to on. This allows customers to choose the professional when making online appointments. On the merchant settings page find the web link. Provide this link to your customers for booking or attach a web link in a button on your website.
Salon Scheduler automatically sends reminders to your customers 48 hours before an appointment (The 48 hours can be changed under MERCHANT SETTINGS). Your customer can respond with "confirm", "cancel", "reschedule", or they can respond with any message of their choice. When a customer responds, we update your appointment icon to reflect the customer response. Here is what a typical reminder sms message looks like:
"Please reply confirm/cancel/reschedule for your appt with <Salon Name> on Jan 05 at 6:00 PM or call 254-XXX-XXXX".
Remote access is included with your subscription to Salon Scheduler. With remote access, you and your employees can use Salon Scheduler from your mobile phone, tablet or computer in order to view and manage appointments from any location.
Salon Scheduler uses Clover inventory items to represent both services and products. Clover inventory items CANNOT be managed directly from within the Salon Scheduler. Instead, they must be added, removed, and edited using one or more of the following methods: One-at-a-time by using the "Inventory" app that comes with your Clover terminal OR One-at-a-time by using the Clover Dashboard that comes with your Clover account.
If a tip is added by the customer during checkout, Salon Scheduler will automatically determine the best way to allocate the tip among the employees who actually performed the services. This allocation will be permanently recorded in the Salon Scheduler Reports.
If the checkout ticket (order) contains only one employee who performed services, 100% of the tip will be allocated to that employee.
If the checkout ticket (order) contains multiple employees who performed services, the percentage of the tip that be allocated to each employee is based on the DOLLAR amount of the SERVICES they performed. Items on the checkout ticket (order) that are not services will not be used in the calculation of the dollar amount used to split the tip.
This is the recommended method of splitting tips at salons and is considered best practices for the industry. Clover does not allow any other tipping options because only a single tip can be added to an order.
Salon Scheduler is a Clover app that is designed to work with the Clover Eco-system. Booker and MindBody are full featured solutions and as such will offer a larger variety of features that your Salon may or may not require. Salon Scheduler offers all of the basic features required by a typical hair salon. It provides:
- Customer Online booking (we not allow for deposits but this feature is almost complete)
- Commission tracking for employees (you can setup different commissions for each employee for each service)
- Full reporting of commissions within a date range, full reporting of appointments within a date range, full reporting of customers who have visited the salon within a date range, and reporting of customers who have NOT visited the salon within a date range.
- Android, iOS, and Windows 10 native apps
- Text (SMS) Appointment reminders for upcoming appointments.
- Some salons have extensive and detailed requirements. If your salon requires very specific features implemented in very specific ways, we believe you will be best served by Booker or Mind Body. If your salon operations are flexible and general, we believe the Salon Scheduler app can provide value and efficiency.
Ready to Get Started?
Speak with a business specialist.